Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lou's retreat shares...

Hello Hello Guys

Well what an awesome time you organised for us!!!!!!!!! Thank you so so very much for all of your amazing hardwork in putting together another wonderful Retreat!!!! I felt lucky enought to just be able to attend, but to be asked to do a workshop surpassed my expectations, I was so honoured and excited!!!! Again THANK YOU!!! I so love doing the workshops and sharing my passion, the enthusiasm of those who attend is so wonderful and it keeps me on a high for such a long time!!! Thank you Girls for that particular bonus!!! it was an additional bonus for the weekend!

Ive attached 2 of my fave layouts for the weekend, they were the first 2 that I created. You will notice that I have used the same tree template in both, thats becuase I dont like to waste, so after doing the first one [on chipboard background] I flipped the template over on to the second [black cardstock], and used it like a large stamp.

For the first layout [which was for last weeks Colour Room Challange] I first scraped on some white paint, then some green, and then used the tree template over the top with white Studio Calico Mister Huey mist. I was a bit chuffed to find that the first layout got featured on The Crafters Workshop Blog so that was another little bit of excitement to add to the weekend!!! :) :) :)

Girls again THANK YOU and I do hope that you consider doing it all again next year!!!! Otherwise Ill see you all again in October!!... I hope LOL :)

Lou xoxoxo








Thanks Lou - it was so good to see first hand the thought processes that go into your pages. I certainly LOVED seeing how they come together - so inspiring, creative and unique compared to main stream scrapping. Even if everyone has different styles i am sure many people who did your workshop can incorporate some artistic techniques and / or inspiration from you.


LOVE this tree stencil and the wire and buttons and our retreat girl Wendy! Absolutely STUNNING against the black background! Those brights against the black are totally WOW.


Personally i find it amazing that your pages look so random and yet from your workshop i learnt that what you aim for is 'predictable outcomes' from your paint / mists etc. Also that your pages look so delicate and yet due to all those glue stick layers are very robust!


Thanks Lou - you really opened our eyes up and i was like sponge bob square pants soaking up all your creative info!



5 comments:

amyf said...

beautiful layouts Lou! i think you were the most productive on our table :) and I enjoyed spending the weekend with you (so did buzz)

Tiff Firth said...

gotta agree with Amy regarding your work rate on our table Lou. was a joy to watch what you do, how you do it, and see how you work with all the elements to pull it all together.

I think even Buzz might have learnt something!!

SueP said...

It was really great to see you again as well as sit in on your workshop...loved it!

I love these layouts Lou, that tree stencil is sooo cool esp. on the darker cardstock and combined with the bright doiley etc....just beautiful! ...and to see a familiar face (Wendy) as well!

Happy Scrapping Lou...hope to see more of your work soon!

Louise said...

Thank you thank you Amanda, Amy, Tiff, Sue!!! I had just the most amazing time!!!

Lou xxx

Meredith said...

oh yeah!! Love your work!!

Fantabulous!!

xx