Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gina - Art Challenge

Hi Amanda,

                    Hope its not too late to put this one in for your art challenge, its been sitting on my table finished for the last week and a half and I just have not got around to scanning it
                  This is my first E2C challenge and I really enjoyed doing it. Ive always looked at the amazing work on the blog but never got off my but and did one. Thanks for the challenge.



This  lovely photo is of me, my husband, my brother in law and a friend of our's, in New  York, outside the Museum of Natural History pigging out on NY hot dogs. We were all starving, the boys were suffering from huge hangovers and I had been out all morning shopping.

The ribbon at the top of the page was put there after one of my wonderful kids dropped food onto the page after it was finished. It left a mark!!! A good reason to never leave pages out after there finished. LOL


TTFN  Gina






Oh wow Gina - this is brilliant!! Love the green and the crisp white! That little bit of twine is perfection curled around the bracket. Also that tiny apple paper clip is a great quirky reminder of 'the big apple'. 


Fabulous photo and journaling - i really felt like you were right next to me talking about it! Awesome stitching too.


Really loving this Gina and i hope we see a lot more of your work in here too. Thanks for being brave and finally sending your pages in. Very  inspiring work!

6 comments:

Maryanne Ridgway said...

this is fabulous gina,love the colors, especiallly those big green brackets,also the stitched border, the dotty pp, all of it actually.
and love the photos.
and love seeing you on the E2C blog!

sandra said...

oh I LOVE this too Gina!!
everything about it.
those photos are classic and just like Amanda I could hear your voice as I was reading the journalling.
sooo cool.

Tiff Firth said...

there is no way to eat a hotdog with grace is there lol.

love 'those' brackets ;op (long story people)

love all the little touches.

t

SueP said...

This one just pops out at you....love the striking colours...that green and red is delish!! Love that apple clip! Great page Gina!!

Oh i see, not THOSE brackets?! ;)

Anonymous said...

Awesome Gina, great to see you here on E2C! LOL at the ribbon saga :)
Karen D

Meredith said...

Love the journaling - great memories! The layout is fab too - great colours!

Thanks for sharing!!