Sunday, May 23, 2010

WOS - Amanda

The next scrap item in my stash that i chose to work with and lift a layout which is based upon such item is....

Heidi Swapp mini clock overlays!

I had bought these some time ago and felt stumped how to use them. After a fair bit of googling i found this layout by Talia Audenart






Admittedly it isn't the same sort of clock - the one Talia used is the big 12x12 sized ones but i thought i could use it as a base or jumping off point.

Here is my layout:




I really liked the title on the original and how it worked in with the clocks so i tried to copy that. 

It's a bit of a nothing page - no meaning or substance to the words - which irritates me but i am glad to have finally used some of my HS stash!

8 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

very noice amanda. I must admit I have those clocks too, although I do only have one left, I struggle a bit with them too. I do like how the 'forever' creeps off the journal tag onto the page. It looks like you drew it there. Is that right??

SueP said...

I like this Amanda, the title is lovely and gives the page meaning. You have done it well...and used those HS clocks. I like the BG background too....using some new gear as well!

sandra said...

Oh I like this.
What a great photo and L.O.V.E
how you titled over your photo.

Maryanne Ridgway said...

I do love those colors, and the dotty pp, they never fail to catch my eye!and amanda while you may think it has no meaning or substance ,Im sure it does to your girls and will as they get older and look back at this.

Meredith said...

I love your layout Amanda and such a special photo! I prefer your colour choices to the original and your yummy patterned papers look fabo!!

amanda hall said...

thanks Maryanne. Yes - i didn't mean for it to sound like i wont love them until the end of time lol... just i am usually more of a 'meaningful' journaller - just not into mass produced type pages full of fluffy words iykwim?

thanks for the kind encouragement though. xx

amanda hall said...

oops - forgot to say : Tiff it is a HS stamp :)

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I think you have accomplished what you set out to do with the clocks. great page.\
Tx Michelle