Monday, May 24, 2010

Tatum - WOS

Hi Amanda,
Here is my 3rd challenge Layout.

I've taken some of the common elements and style that the very beautiful Mardi Winen uses on her layouts. Mardi is an inspiration to me for so many reasons and I was lucky enough to do a couple of classes with her last year which gave me some great insight into the way she creates.

I have used some scrap strips from my recent projects, machine stitching, 8.5 x 11 and a story about everyday life...all things that I associate with Mardi's style.

As far as techniques go I have used my new favourite...a bit of heat embossing on the flower :)

Tatum xx





wow wow wow Tatum.

This is stunning. Amazing. Just awesome. LOVE your colours - i really am in heaven looking at all your beautiful elements.

Stunning use of colour.

and so glad to see some more Mardi inspiration :)





7 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

that facebook quote is perfect for this Tatum.

bright and bold. that blue twine is the perfect colour accent for it.

Anonymous said...

I just love what you have completed with this LO. It certainly has a Mardi feel to the page but also a Tatum feel. iykwim. Love the idea of using up leftovers. Tx Michelle

Marika said...

I commented on your blog just love it all Tatum, lovely natural photo and georgeous colours.

Anonymous said...

Love this Tatum, the colours are gorgeous and I love looking at all the little bits and pieces on your pages.
Karen D

sandra said...

love all the bits and pieces.
It seems as though the toys in the photo are spilling out onto the layout.
So clever!

Tiff Firth said...

awesome. another pic up from the e2c blog challenges. wooohoooo.

Meredith said...

Congrats Tatum - I think I saw it, very briefly!! :-)