Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Amanda - WOS

Ok here is layout two from my week of scraplifting.... although this is NOT a scraplift lol.

In my quest to use things up that are in my stash screaming 'use me' but i don't know how, i decided to pull out these babies:



These are little mini vellum journalling cards from Websters Pages that i bought a fair while ago. I have looked at them several times since, and haven't really known what to do with them, and really feel sick when i put them away again as they were quite expensive at the time.

Now i would suggest that they haven't been a huge seller for Websters, as when searching for a project to lift i could basically find NOTHING... not even on the Websters gallery. I am wrong about quite a few things in life so it's possible i am totally off track with that comment too.

While i didn't find a lot of vellum journalling card pages - what i did find is a whole lot of inspiration that made me come up with this layout.

Inspiration from

  • here for the blue dots to be teamed with it all

  • here for the cutouts of vellum and use of lots of flowers

  • here for the button and string
so here is mine (sorry about the terrible night lighting for the photos)










I really wanted that floral look, without being too fussy or busy. There was quite a story i wanted to tell so to maintain the space i hid the journalling under a flap. It is funny to think that these vellum notes have been in my stash for so long i was really regretting buying them and yet i really like how this page turned out!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

STUNNING! I love it :) xx

SueP said...

Wow...this is just beautiful, love it Amanda!!

I love the roses peeping out from the edges and the butterfly...you have used those Webster vellums well!

TatumW said...

I've done my first one... http://tatumwoodroffe.typepad.com/my_creative_life/2010/05/scrap-getting-all-lou-.html off to do number 2 :)

sandra said...

OH I really really really like this too!
Love the contrast between those vivid colours of the Webster blooms and the white background...just adore this.

Anonymous said...

Wow this is gorgeous Amanda, Im glad I got to see it because I reckon there will be a "RFP" here pretty soon!!
Karen D

TatumW said...

Looks like Karen was spot on about that :) WTG ... truly a gorgeous goregous page!! Tatum xx

Maryanne Ridgway said...

well I did see this, and it did look fantastic!not at all surprised to see it removed.

Meredith said...

This is one beautiful layout Amanda - no surprise that it will be published!! I especially loved how you did the journalling!

Tiff Firth said...

wow. is this no 4 in the list of publications recently. totally awesome stuff