Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Amanda - WOS

WOS (week of scraplifting) has kicked off with my new October Afternoon and Basic Grey papers.... oh how i love both of these brands!

I really wanted to do something beautiful and different with these new papers so i decided to look on the OA website. WOW talk about inspiration plus!

The layout i chose just happened to use exactly the papers that i had in my stash - so i have copied it absolutely.... it's basically a carbon copy. Usually when i scraplift it isn't so exact - but i loved this page done by Iris Babao Uy.

It is just so freeing (and quick) to copy a page... i love how it can fire up your enthusiasm again to scrap. The other thing is that i have used some of my new products in new ways - (all that fiddly cutting so isn't my normal thing) - so am trying to branch out and try something different and new for me.


here is Iris' page:



and here is mine:



Obviously i have changed the size and a few different elements but the 99.9% is Iris' work.

hmmm i wonder what products i have in my stash that can use up next?

6 comments:

SueP said...

Ohh, totally love this Amanda....love the background paper you have used too!Very Very nice! Inspires me to get those yummy OA papers out!

The OA site is a great one to visit for inspiration!

Jane said...

Looks great Amanda & I think I prefer yours better. Love the BG background and the smaller size. Fabtastic work - got it done and used your stash....
Arent those OA papers just delish! and I too love the OA website for scrappy "window shopping"

Maryanne Ridgway said...

amanda, I too like yours better,I just prefer that size and the graph lined pp looks fantastic.
While it may be a scraplift it still has that 'amanda'style to it.

Meredith said...

Beautiful layout Amanda!! Love how you have journaled on the top left and you yellow backing cardstock!! And I prefer your photos!!

sandra said...

WOW! what a great example of making a lift work for you.
I agree with Maryanne... even though it is a lift, you still managed to make it yours.

Tiff Firth said...

that basic grey basic kraft is so delish. works perfectly. love the pic of P cracking up. so her!!