Friday, February 5, 2010

Tiff - all in one



This fulfils 4 challenges. Something soft, something hard, this months colour challenge, Sue's sketch challenge and the matted title challenge. I think I've got it all covered. *wink*

The something soft is the blue felt and the pink hearts that I cut from an old pair of Annie's flannie Pj's. The hard bit is the pin, the 3 beads in the left corner and the strip of pink bling. I've turned Sue's sketch upside down and rearranged it a fair bit. The 2 pieces of green PP are instead of the 2nd and 3rd photo requirement. But the basis of the sketch is still there. The colour challenge happened to work perfectly with this LO and it also happened to be the one I was about to start on anyway. And as you can see the title is matted in green.



And I just wanted to give a shout out to Janice. Her challenge LO for the 'something soft, something hard' was picked up for publication. WAHU to her. I think it may have slipped under the radar of those who follow the e2c blog as it happened over the mad December month. So I would like to congratulate her and a personal goal achieved.


cheers
t




Wow those colours really pop Tiff. Great job. LOVE the effect of your matted title - it really adds some pizzazz. LOL at that jumbo hat.
And well done to Janice. Fantastic and exciting news re. being published. I think we have had a lot of success stories with publications on here haven't we? Great that we all are able to encourage each other to be brave enough to submit - because the work here is always fabulous! I can't wait to see it in print Janice!

10 comments:

sandra said...

And I thought I was cheating by doing 2 in 1 !!!!
This is fab Tiff.
and oh my at that hat!
Love the humour in the journalling

Tiff Firth said...

I've added a bit of extra embelly this morning. It still like it need something so I used a strip of green material leaf vine that creeps across the pink bling a little bit. Looks not quite so bland now.
wink

tiff

sandra said...

ps... congratulations Janice!
I remember that layout really well and it totally deserves to published.. can't wait to see it in print also!!

janice said...

thanks everyone for your congrats.
I was encouraged by Tiff to submit and was so excited when I got the email to say...Yes.

Nice layout Tiff, love the matted title.
Working on some pages/challenges over the weekend.

Tracey W said...

Title looks very polished Tiff and very bold. First he loves pink slippers and now an absolutely fabulous pink hat...what next?? :-)

Tiff Firth said...

Dont ask Tracey. I shudder to think. But I must add he has taken rather a shine to Annie's bike that she's outgrown... and that's pink too.

SueP said...

Great LO Tiff! Nice and bright!! and i was kept busy working out which challenges you done here, phew.....but great to see you scrapping again!

And what a fab hat!!!

CONGRATS Janice on getting published...you very clever girl!!! Love to see more of your pages here :)

Meredith said...

The question is there to be asked ... whose hat is it??

The title looks really great!

Congrats to Janice - I'll be on the lookout!!

Tiff Firth said...

now this is going to be funny. there's 2 hats in the house like that. Kym and Sean bought one each when we were all in Spotlight ages ago. Can you imagine Kym and Sean walking around Spotlight with them on. They couldn't be missed. lol.

Maryanne Ridgway said...

this is so cute tiff, love those hearts with the pin, and the hot pink alphas mounted on the green looks great, really makes the title pop.