Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lisa - cover challenge

Hi Amanda,

OMG I have actually done some scrapping. First LO since the Karkoo retreat. This was a nice easy one to get my mind back onto scrapping, thanks for the challenge. I have lifted a LO from the cover of an old SM, by Belinda Venables.

I still need to add some stitching to mine, but my sewing machine is not working atm, so if I don't get it sorted before the retreat, will be bringing the LO with me to finish it off. I tried so hard to doodle around the letters like in the original, but I JUST CAN'T DO IT! LOL, no matter how hard I try it always looks messy and yuck when I do it...love it when others do it though. So, out with my trusty inks...a page doesn't feel complete without some ink anyways, so all is good.
Thanks for looking.

Cheers,Lisa



This is awesome Lisa! Great colourful paper (very Belinda!) and wow they sure pop on the kraft! Also love that blue felt flower! It is ironic actually - great minds think alike....and you will have to wait a little bit for that cryptic message to make sense! That is a VERY cute photo too - adorable! The chip hearts really finish it all off beautifully.

Sorry for the delay in popping it up here too Lisa - things are madness around my place at the minute!





3 comments:

Maryanne Ridgway said...

great scraplift lisa, that felt flower and leaf is so funky, goes perfectly with the paper.
I like your journalling around the pp too, looks good.

looking forward to catching up with you for the retreat.

sandra said...

This is such a fun layout! suits the photo wonderfully.
Love the felt flower too and what a great photo!
See you at the retreat Lisa!

Meredith said...

That photo is stunning and really love the bright colours you have used here!