Friday, January 1, 2010

Kylie's been busy!

Kylie said ...

I don't 'scrap' as often as I'd like to so while I had a couple of things to share, I thought I would !

I made Ted's Mum (and Dad) an album for Christmas. I started it at a Scrap night at 'Sheoak' back in September, worked on it at the Karkoo Scrap Weekend, then didn't touch it again 'till the week before Christmas (silly me to leave things to the last minute !!).

Anyway, after 3 months, 83 photos and many late nights leading up to Christmas Day, I stuck the final letters on the front on Christmas morning and WA-LAH it was done (yay)! The kids presented it to Nanny after Christmas lunch, she opened it, had a flick through, started to cry and ran over to give me a big hug (then I started to cry too !!). I was so pleased that she loved it, she looked at it on and off throughout the afternoon and passed it around to everyone for a look. Even some of the 'Shep' male relations commented on it which gave me a buzz (normally scrapping's a bit of a 'chick thing' so when a fella comments on something you've made it makes you feel really good!).

I did a page on each of our kids, a few family pages and on one Ted's folks, but won't 'clog the blog' with every page so have just selected a few to share.




WOW, WOW, WOW ... I can see why she cried ... that is a marathon effort and a wonderful collection of photos for Ted's Mum and Dad to have!!! So very special! I am sure many more people will get to see it when they visit them ... it is a very rewarding feeling when someone shows their appreciation for a handmade gift!

Thank you very much for sending that in ... very inspiring! And you have put so much thought into your gifts Kylie ... this one and the scrap kits ... good on you!

4 comments:

SueP said...

Wow alright Kylie!! Great album and lots of work, i am sure it will be treasured for many many years!!

sandra said...

This turned out great Kylie. I cannot believe how many photos you got in that one little album!!
lol at doing it the last minute..I tend to the same... then its panic stations!

amanda hall said...

what a special gift Kylie. No wonder there were tears!

Lots of hard work and love gone into that little album.

Brigette S said...

Great to see the finished product Kylie. What a fantastic gift, very special. I'd cry too if someone gave me one. Love it.