Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Kylie - Christmas photo challenge

"Hi Amanda,

Here's a couple of snaps for the 'December Photo Challenge' ...

'Our ChristmasTree' which we excitedly decorated a couple of weekends ago when my parents were visiting. I put the lights on first, then let the kids 'go for it', decorating it with Nana and Pa. There's no pattern or uniformity to it but I don't mind it that way at all, it has the 'kids touch' to it !

and the kids special little 'name baubles'. The boys also have a little ceramic angel each with their names printed on them (a bit hard to see in the bright 'flash') ... they got them from their Aunty Stacey a few years back but she wasn't able to find a 'Bree-Ann' one, not such a common name I guess ! They're very sweet and I make sure they are packaged away carefully with the baubles each year !

Thanks Amanda,

Kylie "



Great shots Kylie! Just for interest sake i noticed a special bauble box in Kmart the other day and thought of all these specially packed keepsakes!

I think we can all relate to the tree and all the bits from kindy and school adorning it!

Wonderful!

4 comments:

Maryanne Ridgway said...

hi kylie.The perfectly decorated tree, just let the kids loose.I havnt even got a tree yet, I bought a large fibre optic one a few years ago, cos it was sooo pretty, but it was always wonky so it went after last xmas.I am yet to get a new one,and now the kids are older they dont even ask about xmas decorations/lights/trees!But I will get one soon !

Meredith said...

The teddies and reindeer are very cute at the base of the tree!!

sandra said...

I agree with Maryanne,
The best trees are the ones the kids decorate all by themselves.
Your kids did a fantastic job!

Anonymous said...

One of my most tresured photos is from when my two oldest first decorated the tree. Scott is pulling this awful face because something didn't go his way. But I love looking at it and trying to remember when my boys were that young and now they are dads wandering what will happen when their kids are old enough.