Monday, December 7, 2009

Janice - hard and soft challenge


"Hi Amanda,

This is my page for the something soft, something hard challenge.
For soft I used felt and a piece of ribbon.
and for hard I used brads, staples, pearls and the arrow.

Love this photo of Matthew it was taken late afternoon on one
of those hot November days at Point Drummond and it was
absolutely beautiful out there..

Cheers
Janice"





Ooooh i am loving this new size on you Janice! Fabulous idea using felt and oh wowsers at those chip birds = perfect.


Thanks for taking the plunge with this challenge.

***EDITED 7.1.10*****

Massive congrats to you Janice - first acceptance!! What a fabulous page - we all knew it was a winner!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Beautiful photo Janice! And I love your idea of using the felt for the background!! It looks excellent! And that BG striped paper is one of my all time favourites!

Tiff Firth said...

wow felt. it can be a bit trickey to work with cant it. M looks so tanned and tall. awesome colours in it. and those seagull chip shapes embellish perfectly. I think I like your PP offsetting the journal strips the most.

Maryanne Ridgway said...

I like the whole lot janice.A really lovely layout, and such a gorgeous photo.

sandra said...

so cool!
Love it and the felt is perfect!
And I need to find me some of those birds!!!
The photo is beautiful, love the reflection and the colours, looks so peaceful, I wonder what he is thinking about??

SueP said...

Janice this is gorgeous!! Very clever using felt as the background! Love your stitching and the bits of paper under the journalling, your alpha letters and the chip seagulls........
...actually, i love it all!!

amanda hall said...

WOOHOO Janice. Well done - it is very exciting isn't it?!!

fabulous effort for your first RFP!!