Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sandra - light photo challenge

Hi All -

I took my camera with me to work today and tried to photograph something with light flare behind it.... no luck!! I ended up with just a lot of shadows and that diffuse thing you mentioned was just not happening.Then I spotted this sign... and there you have it... my 'light' challenge!




Any one that knows Relle knows that she loves the sun and quite often lays on the grass, playing with her hands as the sun streams through them... So I lay down next to her and took some shots of the sun through her perspective... and I must say I love the result... maybe not a light flare but thanks for inspiring me to take the shot... I love it .. and I can't wait to scrap it.
Sandra.

Great shots Sandra!! Love your quirky-ness of the first and yes i can see a bit of sun flare in the second! Fantastic!

By the way i wasn't meaning for everyone to try out sunflare - they were just my examples that i had on hand. You can interpret the theme of 'light' any way you would like.

And for diffuse light you need a beautiful bright but overcast day - a bit too sunny today. The cloud cover is the key for diffuse light. Good on you for giving it a go!

Great job again Sandra - i can't wait to see how others translate this theme into their photos.

3 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

Sandra that pic with N's hands is just beautiful. To me its really not anything to do with the sunflare, focus or anything like that. It's the fact you got down with her and had a look at her world from her perspective. This really got to me.

and lol you quirky thing for the 'light' road sign. very original.

Meredith said...

As only Sandra could interprete it!!

Amazing photo of Relle's hands. She has beautiful finger nails.

SueP said...

LOL at the light road pic!!

Love your light with Nell's hand, just lovely!!!