Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sue's October sketch with a twist

Today i have just spent the Parsons' boys here at the farm with me. After lunch Ethan said "Granny can i do some scrapping with you".

So out in my scrap room we went, rummage thru many photos until he found one of him that he liked. I gently directed him with papers, he chose from various colours for the background. He found my punches that he wanted to know what they did....so we punched the border. I got out various thickers and he chose which colour. He wanted to use the hammer....so i showed him the eyelets, he chose the colours. He saw pin wheels sitting on my desk, and he told me he had made some at school, so he wanted to make some of them too. And i thought well we need some of his own hand written journalling....which he did, and isn't it just beautiful?



Now, that they have gone home.....i thought that this could make our October sketch challenge....a basic style page....but the twist is.....with school holidays still on, you too could get you kiddies to scrap a page like this. Kids love to create just like us grown ups....and Ethan's face when it was finshed and he showed his dad with the " it's proper scrapping Dad!" comment, was just priceless.



So here's the sketch....have fun!!

Here's Ethan's page.....as you can see there was some granny help....but he loved it!!



Can't wait to see them,

Sue xx

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow Sue what an excellent idea!! I might just have to let the boys have a go at this one!!

Maryanne Ridgway said...

aww how sweet sue.
great idea getting the kids to journal and add to the page and a great keepsake.
I bet you were in your element too!
I Dont think my boys will be willing to cooperate with me on this one, might have to borrow a friends.

Marika said...

Absolutely love it Sue, beautiful colours and love your pinwheels. Might have to give my kids a go this arvo.

Anonymous said...

This is great Sue. It so good to see children doing something handson and creatively,imagnatively rather than playing with electronic gizmos. DD has actually her own scrap trolley and always helps herself to my scrap goodies. She is forever scrapping when I scrap. However it all is about to be put away as we need to put our house up for sale in the next week!! Tx Michelle

sandra said...

What a great idea!
And Ethan your layout is FANTASTIC!!

Tiff Firth said...

Maryanne.... you can borrow mine any time you like. te he.

top one Sue. I often let Annie loose and see what she comes up with. You should sub Ethan's to SM for the young scrappers. You just never know..... and a male scrapper to boot.

Any photography challenge this month??????

Anonymous said...

Aaw, what a great page Sue. Good work Ethan, you're very clever !!
What a great idea to let the kids do a page.
My kids have been flat out on and off all week (today esp.) doing art and craft for the Cummins show. I might keep the kids scrapping idea in mind for a weekend or the next holidays !
Kylie

amanda hall said...

This is totally adorable Sue. That writing is just priceless.

And the littlies are just so proud of their scrapping aren't they? Makes all that mess worth it (almost!)

Anonymous said...

well done Sue for a great challenge! I have had a go at it myself! Ethan did a great layout!!
Jess