Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Michelle - photo challenge

Hi Amanda

Here are my entries in this month's photo challenge



Duran Duran
My favourite band besides ABBA who are an equal first. Just loved Jon Taylor so much I had huge posters on my wall of him and had all their records.


ABBA
As mentioned above, very close, I could actually say equal first, in fav's. My mum even has a tape recording of my sister's and I singing ABBA songs when I was around 6 years old. Still love them today.



Dukes of Hazzard
Who didn't love them? Crazy and funny show but still a goody to me. John Schneider (Bo) was my fav but very close to Tom (Luke).


Countdown
This was a treasure of a program to watch when it was on. Always caught up with the latest band and or video release during the time.

Books - the same as Sandra - Trixie Belden - so I won't repeat here.


Dolly Magazine
Especially when I hit the teenage years. This became the bible of how to look in the teenage years - Vain, shallow - yep, but then again I just joined in with many other teenage girls then.


The list can go on - Who's the Boss, 902010, Love Boat.......

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Michelle



Great job Michelle! I can definately identify with the Dolly magazine and Countdown but wasn't really into the others much. Thanks for sending them in and giving us a look into your past! It seems we are all pretty much thinking / brainstorming along the same lines!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I had forgotten about Dolly magazine!! As well as Duran Duran!! And Countdown was so good!!

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here talking to the'puter saying Yes, Yes, OMG - loved Count Down, Dolly was THE BIBLE of teenagers. Loved 90210 but my fave was Dylan not Brandon..., the Love Boat ( now humming the tune) such fun on this memory lane...
Jane P

Maryanne Ridgway said...

ditto to dolly! I can remember reading the section where people would write in for advice, some of it very risque for teens!lol

sandra said...

I have to admit to never buying a dolly magazine. but LOVED countdown.
I remember it right back to John Paul Young and Marcia Hines being king and queen of pop and OMG I got so excited when Sherbet or Skyhooks were on!! oh dear I think I remember further than that too... definitly feeling like the old one of the group here ;)