Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Karen - colour challenge

Hi Amanda,
Just emailing a couple of things, firstly my attempt at the colour challenge. I did lift the basic concept from a LO in Scrapbook Trends (I cant remember who, so if anyone recognizes it let me know please :)) And second a LO I did the other day of the retreat photo, which I must say is completely inspired by your blocky style ATM (which I LOVE)
TFL
Cheers
Karen D

Oh Karen. These pages are fantastic. Love the colour in the first one - and those cool overlapping alphas and also that semicircle with the rubon behind in the second. Those green alphas are totally yum too! In fact how you have used green in that page is great - it really draws the eye down the page!
fabulous!!

8 comments:

Marika said...

Love it when you send in some pages Karen both of the are Fab.

Tiff Firth said...

I saw this irl yesterday. The photos never do justice to the LO's do they.

This is so so fab. With the your signature overlapped alphas and that pic you jumping in the air behind the group just shows your personality. and the colour scheme is so eye catching too!! I wonder were you got that idea from?? ;OD

This could an idea for next months challenge praps. To scrap your pics of the 09 Retreat.?? (just an idea) lol I am about to do 08's soon.

Meredith said...

Wow Karen I agree with Marika I wish you posted here more! But in saying that you probably wish you could scrap more!!

Absolutely love the E2C one - the green is stunning and the black outline looks excellent!! Wowee I love it!!

I have seen the first one irl too and it is a great layout too!! Great answer to the colour challenge!

SueP said...

i thought i left a comment this morning....couldna done it properly..

Wow Karen, these are gorgeous!! Love to see your work, your pages are always inspiring.

Love your retreat one too, the pink dot is beautiful and love your circles top & bottom of the page!!

sandra said...

great pages Karen.
Agree with Meredith, wish there was more of your work in here..they are very inspiring.

Maryanne Ridgway said...

hi karen, both these are gorgeous.I always love your pages.The pink dotty paper is divine, I have it here in my stash, but yet to use....along with many others!love that pink and green together.more of your pages please!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pages Karen ... the green and pink looks great on the ec2 one ! and I love those little birdies.
Kylie

amanda hall said...

i just wanted to add that i saw these pages yesterday and they look even more awesome, inspiring and impressive irl!!

Beautiful work Karen.