Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Jane - photo challenge

Hi Amanda,

hope this works.....
am loving this flash back to the 70s and 80s - era of big hair, ra-ra skirts (I never had one of those) fluoro T-shirts....

I also loved The Wombles (have it on DVD), the Goodies......., ABBA, New Kids On The Block, I even went and saw them in concert and even have their latest album on the ipod !!! ....bit sad really... cant really call them "New Kids" anymore though -they are more like "Middle-Aged Men On The Block"
Ahh Roxette - loved them too... I had front row seats for that concert...

But thought I would send a few different piccys through...

I was in lust with Tom Cruise in the movie Top Gun. This is the poster I had on my bedrom wall,


Who could forget The Famous Five books by Enid Blyton - Julian, Dick, Anne, George(ina) and Timmy the dog....I loved these books and also loved the TV series




Anne Of Green Gables was another fave...I still have my Mum's copy of the book and mine too. I also loved mini series when it came out when I was older.....







Adidas Romes - we used to wear these at Naracoorte High School for DPA (daily Physical Activity) everyday and PE. These were THE coolest shoes (besides our Desert boots) but you had to have the "proper" Romes....and yes I did have a pair. God I loved those shoes....Funny, I was only talking to someone about "Romes" the other day and she said the same thing..



Ahhh the memories......
Jane P
Thanks Jane - what great memories! I had a big giggle at the Romes - i had a pair too and they were my absolute pride and joy. I can just see me now in those harry high pants and the socks worn bunched on the outside of the jean leg. Too funny!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh dear I never had Romes ... only the cool kids had them ;-) That's not to say I would have loved a pair but back when they were in my parents weren't really up with that side of things. Oh but a few years down the track I started shopping at Sportsgirl!!!

Too funny and fashion is so cruel too hey ... knickerbockers, leg warmers, overalls, socks over jeans!! Dear me!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes I remember wearing the socks over the jeans too..in all sorts of colours, I had pink socks that "bunched" together to wear over jeans...and leg warmers.OMG!!

I too LOVED Sportsgirl, and had lots of Tees and our DPA/PE bags were Sportsgirl bags (we all had one) - to go with the Romes..VERY COOL!!
he he very very funny ahhh the memories
Jane P

Anonymous said...

Oh, of course the ROMES. Yep they were for the cool people - not me!! What were the sandals that were popular - been racking my brain on that one.

Also sad thing is that the 80's are back - who has seen the harem pants in the shops and all the grunge clothes....Thnks Michelle

Maryanne Ridgway said...

Wasnt "Anne of green gables" such a lovely movie.
And omigosh Im horrified to admit that I too used to do the big socks over the tight jeans...even worse I had bubblegom jeans, which were really thin ribbed stretch jeans, ewww ghastly, and I was skinny way back then, so these skinny legs in really skinny jeans.eww
mind you its all the go now, skinny jeans with the boots over the top.Used to wear that many many years ago, but no longer have the legs for it now...

sandra said...

great memories Jane
hmmm I was not a romes girl.... more of a desert boot girl.
loved top gun... but gone off Tom Cruise a bit lately though

pmsl laughing Maryanne.
I tried to get a photo of those bubblegum jeans! and yes... big socks girl here too.

and can anyone remember back combing their fringe??
OMG!!! the amount of mousse and hairspray I had to use!

Anonymous said...

what bout jump suits eww i had a blue one with yellow zippers and yellow thread to match.. ummmm yuko. and silky shirts with the collars turned up or red jumpers or only the tail of the shirt hanging out lol oh dear. Trish S