Monday, August 17, 2009

Amanda - text on photo



last week I said to Sue and Meredith that i was a bit disappointed that there had been no handwriting seen on the photos for the text challenge. In view of this i thought i should lead by example.


Everyone that knows me, knows that handwriting on layouts just isn't my thing......but this is what this blog is all about - challenging ourselves. So i thought i would step out of my comfort zone and give it a go. It still isn't my thing but at least i tried!


The journalling on the photo reads -

Winning the B Grade grand final last year meant the world to you. After so many years playing you finally had a premiership! Right now you are 3rd on the ladder. It's in the palm of your hand. There for the taking. Inspire those boys of yours and grab it.

Wishing EVERYONE good luck in the footy/netball finals :)

7 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow Amanda - love it!! I clicked to see the layout larger and saw the rip with the yellow paper behind it - ingenious!!

The handwriting looks excellent!! Love how you have shaped it around Greg.

Great colours too! And I always love those Jenni Bowlin alphas!!

sandra said...

this is fantastic... and so jealous of your handwriting!
love that rip too.
this also fits the colour challenge!
I have actually scrapped and my layout is sitting in Sue's inbox.
Hope to get to this soon..wish I was as game as you with the handwriting though!
also wishing all the best to all the teams in finals

Anonymous said...

Awesome as usual Amanda. You have inspired me to definitely have a go at handwriting on the photo. Watch this space hey!

Yep agree - love the rip and the photo. Journalling is so inspirational as well. Love all of it. Michelle

Tiff Firth said...

lol I looked and looked at that 'rip' and still had no idea what it was until I read Meredith's comment.

Maryanne Ridgway said...

bravo on the handwriting amanda.looks very good, like how youve used such different colors on this LO.That red really caught my eye.

SueP said...

I thought i left a comment - couldna done it properly!!

Great LO Amanda....love all the bright colours, and loving your stitching lately!! looks good here too!! and good on ya for the handwriting on the photo!!

Marika said...

Stunning Amanda love your handwriting and the photo. Think this may be an entry into the colour challenge as well if I remember correctly love those colours together.