Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sandra - music challenge


Sandra I am sorry this wasn't put up earlier. I have had somewhat of a 'big' weekend. Similarly i apologize if this post is full of typos and doesn't make sense. Whoops.

She says :

Hi Amanda
Here is my entry for the music challenge. Recently I read where someone Incorrectly called her work 'blerch'....Now this is Blerch....too much happening on the page, nowhere for your eyes to rest, Title gets lost in the pp But I have finished it, I am over itI am moving on. This is something I am trying to overcome myself.Stop over analysing my work,if it's not 'perfect' so what ?.... move on... I have tooo many photos I have yet to scrap, and no time to get bogged down on one layout. It is a hard process but something I am learning.. albeit slowly ;) Hope you stayed dry today at the footy... and I hope you are feeling a little bit better

cheersSandra


Hmmmmm this is DEFINATELY not blerch. The texture and layering is amazing. The peek-a-boo holes are absolutely incredible and really cool - not something i have seen much before. I really think this will be snavelled up quickly by mags as it is so different.

Really fantastic and inspirational work Sandra. You are too hard on yourself you clever girl.



6 comments:

Maryanne Ridgway said...

wowsers sandra,
what a vibrant page, and yes those peepholes look so effective, youve fit so many techniques on this page, and it looks so good, busy but not overdone!well done! and I agree with your philosophy, but still hard to do hey?
and also a big "congrats" to the crazy lady on the "blerch" layout being picked up for publication???

Marika said...

Love it Sandra. The colours are fantastic and I love those holes with the stripe behind. Love the journalling in the top corner too.

Tiff Firth said...

yep its bright, its vibrant and full of energy. bit like the photo actually.

Meredith said...

Wowsers ... when I saw this earlier today I thought the "torn" circle looked excellent and I also love the top left hand corner, with its folds and embellishments!!

Fantastic layout Sandra ... you are so good at using and trying new techniques ... very inspiring!

SueP said...

Wow this is fantastic Sandra, love those torn circles - groovy!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra, Lovely bright, colourful and fresh looking page! Great photo and I love all the bits'n'bobs all over the page !
Kylie