Saturday, July 4, 2009

Gratitude ... by Tiff

"Hiya Meredith.

My pics for the gratitude project.

I am in the throes of scrapping this challenge as well, but couldn't resist posting you the pics.
The journaling is a bit lengthy but I did need to explain the significance of each photo.

I am so very grateful to the person who invented the nebuliser for asthmatics. Without it, I am certain we would have lost Sean. Without a doubt. It has saved him from so many hospital stays by giving us the ability to manage his asthma at home.

Ahh Annie. That beautiful long hair. I am grateful that it is so easy to manage...providing we plait it for school. I do adore brushing your hair and burying my nose in it for a big snuff after it’s dried from being washed. That smell is Heaven on a stick.

I grew up on a farm and have always thought it the best way to bring up kids. Such a natural environment rather than the urban jungle. So I am grateful that the bloke I fell in love with and married is a farmer. So now I am too.

I am ever so grateful for these very capable hands. They work so hard to provide for the family. When not working on farm during the peak times of season, they are flat out working off farm as a Builder. These hands have allowed me to stay at home to care for the kids during their pre school years. I love those hands.

And I love these hands. too. Especially at bedtime, after I have read him his story and we have kissed good night, I get up and pretend to leave. He calls out ‘hug Mum!!’ and he holds me so tight and squeezes his love around my neck. It’s so honest and without reserve. I am grateful that he can hug me and tell me that he loves me.

top challenge Meredith. I've got another idea for this challenge with a 'tiff' twist!! I'll get into it a bit later this month.

thanks
tiff"
Wow Tiff so quick off the mark! Thank you for including an explanation ... I forgot to add that to the info for the challenge!
I really like how you have included each person in your family without just taking a photo of them (even though that would have been great too). Can't wait to see this scrapped ... oh and thank you for not making us wait for the layout!! I also love your farm photo!!
PS: I was sure one of your photos would have been a carton of Farmers Union Iced Coffee ... or have I just ruined your idea for one of the photos for the "Tiff" slant on the challenge??!!

5 comments:

SueP said...

Well done Tiff, Great photos!! and love your written bits, it adds meaning to the photos i think.

I am still thinking about my angle of this one!! :(

Tiff Firth said...

lol. I never gave the ol' ice coffee a thought. hmmmm now that you remind me......??!!

Maryanne Ridgway said...

great stuff tiff!!
beautiful and meaningful photos.
I have a similar one to your nebuliser.
Have been thinking what photos to take, knew a couple straightaway and decided on the definite 5 this morning laying in bed.Get up all ready to take my photos,and..the cameras gone..
scruff has taken it to footy at cowell for kinlough cup!!
bugger!
Tomorrow then!

sandra said...

fantastic!
love these.
Amazing how much you have to be grateful for once you stop and think about it, isn't it?
Love your farm shot too, and the hands shot as well.
puts life into perspective a bit.
My sketch challenge should be sitting in Sue's inbox and now onto the next challenge, my brain is working over time and Georgie Parker singing 'here comes the sun' has been going round and round in my head.

amanda hall said...

good interpretation Tiff.