Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Amanda - grateful photo challenge

1. I am grateful for modern conveniences like electricity and running water to the house. This is truely appreciated when we have our regular black outs which leave me frustrated for hours. I cannot imagine living in a time when we couldn't reach a switch on the wall for instant light, throw a quick load of clothes in the washing machine or have communication with the other side of the world via TV, phone or (goodness gracious me) the internet.

2. I am grateful for this moisture that we can see both in our paddocks and also in our rain water tank. I am thankful that it is clean, accessable to the house, is free from the sky, tastes great and is my childrens favourite drink.


3. I am grateful for where we live. Firstly for the country that we live in and secondly for the area that we live in. Australia truely is the 'lucky country' and this is so obvious when you travel overseas. We don't need to live a daily fear of war, pillage, supression, rape or murder. I am fiercely patriotic and hope to instill this quality in my children as well. I love living in our little 'patch'. I am so not a city girl (although i do love a visit every now and again to remind me of how much i dislike it!) and love it that we are a good long walk or drive away from our next door neighbours, don't have to put up with anyone else (traffic or noise) and our way of life is incredibly peaceful.


4. I am incredibly grateful my daughters live in a time where a woman's voice is heard. Where she can do and be anything she wants to be. I am thankful for the equality that we enjoy and perhaps take for granted everyday. I am a strong believer in being accepting of any person no matter race, gender, religion or sexual orientation and hope that i can pass this onto my girls.



5. I am grateful that we have access to good, healthy food, both in our garden and in the stores. How lucky are we that if we run out of something we can quickly pop into the shops to restock? What luxury this must seem to others in 3rd world countries where there is NO fresh food or very little food full stop. Not only does our family have the privilige of store food but we also have a fabulous orchard full of fruits, nuts and vegies planted by my dear old Poppa all those years ago.



8 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh Amanda ... I am blown away by your photos (okay not so much the electricity thingo!! ;-))

They are amazing and I love your honest and heartfelt comments about each one.

Thank you for doing this challenge!

Anonymous said...

Amanda- Ditto above.

I so love your comment about living in the country. I'm a country girl at heart and kind of feel out of place here in the burbs. We are moving to the semi rural next year once our house is built and can't wait. Not far from where I grew up. TFS Amanda. Cheers Michelle

amanda hall said...

thanks ladies. Funny you should mention the electricity thingo Meredith - i really wanted a couple of birds sitting on the electricity wire but as much as i asked they just wouldn't do it! Bugger them.

sandra said...

I agree with the girls above... I found myself nodding at all of them.
Beautiful photography... just want to reach out and pick that orange, and I can hear the girls laughing from here.

Tiff Firth said...

good one Amanda.
Would love to see all the girls go to the next step and scrap their shots on this challenge. JUst for the hell of it.
;-)
t

SueP said...

Great photos and beautiful meanings of each one Amanda, love 'em!! The fuzzy backgrounds of the orange and water picture, the sunsplash over the girls faces, and of course the Aussie one- very patriotic- oih oih oih!! Just fantastic, very clever!!

Anonymous said...

Its amamzing how many things we are to be grateful for and how far we want to "look". I agree with all the photos for this challenge as every one of them I find myself nodding in agreeance. We really are very spoilt. Cheers Trish.S

Maryanne Ridgway said...

We all seem to have such an appreciation for similar things!
I too feel so grateful for this country we live in and the lifestyle we live!
I did start to write a story here about what life was like for my nan many years ago but was turning into an essay, and it makes me sad, so Ill just say the stories Ive heard from my mum and auntys about life back then for my nan was so so much tougher than how we have things now.
sorry Ive waffled big time!
Your photos are just beautiful amanda