Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Travel ... by Kylie

"Hi Meredith,

Seeing your photo for the 'travel' challenge (it was a great shot !)... made me think of some recent 'travel' ones I took during a flight to Adelaide last week (I just snuck in ... 30th of June !!)

Harry and I went to Adelaide together for 2 days ... a few photos are attached.

- our view of the wing and clouds out the window

- Harry ready to board at Pt Lincoln ... his smiles tells his excitement. The pilot saw me taking photos, I mentioned that it was his first flight, so he took Harry into the cockpit before take-off for a look at ALL the buttons and lights - such excitement for the lad. It was too squishy for me to jump in there too to take photos. He loved it !

and ...

- Harry admiring all the other planes at the Adelaide airport - he really enjoyed the flight but wants to go on a 'bigger, faster one' next time - boys hey !?!

Thanks Meredith ... feel free to just pick 1 or 2 for the blog.

Kylie"



Kylie can't wait to see those scrapped ... what a great idea to record the first trip!! Thank you so much for sending them in!!

7 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

buga about not getting cockpit pics. (actually I dont think they let you anymore for security reasons, they say) but good on ya for having the camera out and handy. Or was it your phone camera.

sandra said...

great photos Kylie.
In a couple of weeks (eek!) we are going on a holiday, and it will be the first time on a plane for Teagan and the first time that Ryan will remember (flying doctors was his first flight)
Your photos remind me to have my camera primed and be ready to take those 'first time' moments.
thanks

SueP said...

Great photos Kylie, love the clouds out the window over the wings one!!....makes one wish i was on a plane!!

Maryanne Ridgway said...

great shots kylie
Im never game enough to bring out my camera, around the airport, as when travelling to melbourne last year with some friends, one of them went to take a couple of pics, and was very firmly told that no cameras were allowed at all.security regulations i think.
and sue, I had 2 flights yesterday to get home, and believe me you would not have wanted to be up in a plane!!!When coming into adelaide from sydney, was quite rough and i actually kept my fingers crossed ....literally.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Girls ... just to reply to your questions / comments...
Tiff - real camera ... I had it out as soon as we arrived at the airport, capturing every moment for Harry's first trip (yes, with a 'scrap page' in mind sometime down the track!)
Sandra - Good luck for your flights, I hope you all enjoy your holiday ! Where to .. secret??
Sue - Yes, Harry couldn't believe we were acutally 'above' the clouds. They look so fluffy and cuddly from up there !
Mary - Sheesh, didn't think about 'security' and cameras !! You poor thing having to fly in that weather, bet you're glad to be home. I've had my fingers 'literally' crossed on flights b4 too !!
Kylie

amanda hall said...

awwwww cute Kylie!

sandra said...

Going to QLD Kylie...
Can't wait! the kids are going to have a ball...
Definetly a holiday with the kids in mind... doing all the theme parks, Australian Zoo and Outback Spectacular etc etc.
I think I might need a holiday when I get back to rest the legs!!