Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sue's - 'She' challenge

When i first read this i thought, oh wow....that's too hard for me! And while i was out walking the old brain cogs got going!

I knew which photo i wanted to use....one of my Nanna Proctor many years ago....enjoying a cuppa tea at some supper dance. I love this photo of her. Just which quote to pick was probably the most difficult....so many suited this grand lady.

I have been wanting to use my new Tim Holtz bird/ branch stamp, these new October Afternoon papers that i purchased at Lock shop on Saturday, plus cut some card in a semi circle........and before i knew it, the page had come together.

Challenge completeo!

7 comments:

Marika said...

This page is beautiful Sue I love it all.

amanda hall said...

wowsers Sue. This is incredible. Sorry you thought the challenge sounded tricky but so glad you were inspired to produce an incredible page. GORGEOUS photo - love the papers and all your antique little bits. I think i spy that little flower i was fiddling with yesterday!!

stunning.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love old photos, I am totally into them at the moment. Lovely layout Sue, I haven't seen that rubon before... or I definitely would have bought it. Tracey

Tiff Firth said...

wowsers Amanda. Your inbox this morning overfloweth....

Sue. What an elegant lady. I really noticed the bird and branch stamp after the photo as you have it popped off the page. looks lurvely.

t

Meredith said...

WOW Sue ... absolutely love that bird / branch stamp ... stunning. The whole layout is gorgeous ... the rub on perfect and an amazing photo!! Love the little tag off the branch too!! Fantastic!!

sandra said...

oh how classic is that photo?? so typical of the era.. cup of tea (with a saucer!!) in one hand and a biscuit in the other..
LOVE how you scrapped it too... so many little vintage touches that suit the photo perfectly..
Just makes you want to sit down to high tea!

Maryanne Ridgway said...

beatiful LO sue.
love your vintage style pages,it all looks perfect.