Thursday, June 4, 2009

Book of She ... Tracey

Howdy Meredith,

Attached is my layout for the She challenge. I took a photo of it at an angle to avoid the glare and when I cropped it, it now looks entirely crooked. In real life it is all pretty square.

Anyway, this quote is very fitting for my mum, this is her at 17 years old. 'She made the whole world feel like home. Celebrate her warmth.'

I stuck with a layout I've done a few times but enjoy. I am so into this striped paper and I only have a smidgen left.... I'm a bit upset about that!!!
Hope you have had a great day.
Tracey



Oh Tracey what a beautiful photo!! Love the colours you have used, the layed flowers look so effective. Really like the red font too for the quote. Such a stunning layout ... fabo!!

Have you used a rub on in the top right hand corner? And that striped paper looks like a Basic Grey one ... ???

6 comments:

sandra said...

oh this is so lovely Tracey. LOVE that cluster with the tiny piece of lace..
You do vintage so well.
That paper is lovely, sorry but I don't have any in my stash for you....maybe someone else has it sitting in theirs doing nothing? what is it called?

amanda hall said...

I will look in my stash too Trace - i am certain i do have some of that paper!

Gorgeous vintage page. As Sandra said - you do them so well!

Love how you have popped some red music paper amongst the pink. Many are afraid to mix pink and red but it looks so cool together!

fabbo work!

Tiff Firth said...

I too love the many layers of flowers and hat pin and ribbon and button and lace and leaves.

oh and I love the LO a lot too.
;)
t

is that a Sultry or a Sugared stripe basic grey paper.
I'll have a look too.
t

Maryanne Ridgway said...

love your vintage pages tracey!

and what a great photo! straightaway, yr mum looked so familiar, and I think its because, I can see your sister[kaz], or maybe you or your brother?? Im not sure, maybe all of you!!![did that make sense????]

thanx for your comments on my blog to!

SueP said...

Tracey this is beautiful....you do those vintage pages sooo well. Great photo!! Love the cluster of flowers, lace and pin, very vinatagey

Anonymous said...

Oooh love the cluster of flowers and bits on the left. You do lovely vintage pages. and wowee you look so much like your mum!!!
Karen D