Saturday, May 30, 2009

Marika - something new.


Marika says -
Hi Amanda, I have tried a different sized layout and loved it. I found it so easy to do with a 4 by 6 photo is just seemed to come together well. Also I have then been able to print straight onto my layout which I have never done before. This was a little scary I think I should have used bold type so that it stood out better on the dotty paper but oh well. P.s notice the type-ra font I was able to download and save it.
WOW Marika. I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO understand what you mean about the smaller page being so easy and just coming together well. Love, love love what you have done here. And to be able to print straight onto he page is very liberating and opens up a whole new world of possibilities.
gorgeous page with the dots. And love that striking pink with the orange - really different and so eye catching. Great combination!

6 comments:

sandra said...

Hi Marika!
this looks fantastic! Love the colours so bright and the orange really pops.
congrats on trying a new size paper.. and printing direct onto the page! I just did this for the first time recently too.. and I must admit to being apprehensive... but now I love that the door has been opened and i can't wait to play with other ideas as well.
You don't even have to have photoshop!.. I have seen some great layouts using just Word or Publisher working with clipart! There are some great clipart images to be 'Google Imaged'...
oh I have just inspired myself and I think I will be doing just that today!
now off to have that coffee!!!
anyone else want one?

Meredith said...

Oh Marika that photo is priceless!! Love the alphas and the beautiful colours you have used! Good on you for trying the 8 x 11 (or similar!!) ... I need to do that more often too.

Tiff Firth said...

ice coffee please Sandra.
Marika, that ric rac is just lovely and great clothes tag.

Maryanne Ridgway said...

this is great marika. such a gorgeous girly LO.well done on learning how to load the fonts, and using them to journal.This is why I originally started to do the 8.5x11 size LOs too, was so I could print onto a page, although I am very lazy and dont it enough.
love love love the dotty pink.

SueP said...

Ohh cute girly page!!!.....Love the nice bright colours, buttons and the clothes tag...cute!

And good job....downloading the font....you will become a font addict now....trust me!! you will!!:)

Anonymous said...

How cute Marika, I love the bright spotty paper. and Yay for trying a different size LO. Something I think I might try I like the idea of printing straight onto the LO.
Karen D