Monday, April 20, 2009

Sandra

Well this www inspiration challenge must have you all thinking very hard.


Here is the first entry for the challenge and she has outdone herself (again)
Sandra says -
Here is my entry for the www dot challenge :)
My inspiration was a stamp.I went blog surfing recently and came upon Sonia's blog... I think you have a link to her blog on your blog. She uses stamps on her layouts.. not inking stamps but postage stamps... which got me thinking... I had a sheet of stamp stickers in my stash.
I also had photos which went with the era on the stamps (the forties) and the layout evolved from there. Google imaged 1940's posters and got the colours for my layout there.. otherwise I would never have thought of yellow! (not a colour that I use).
I have also set myself a mini challenge which I saw on the www. A forum member (scrapbooking memories I think) set herself a challenge where she would not buy ANYTHING until she had completed 20 layouts.Well I have set myself 10 layouts. do not have the will power for 20) A Day At Brighton is layout number 19 to go. ;)
and its difficult already!!
wow at all those cool old photos - what a brilliant find! You have showcased them excellently Sandra - the buckles and colours are fantastic. This page really pops and reflects the era perfectly.
Thanks for all your hard work surfing the web Sandra! Top work!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow Sandra that is amazing!! What a wonderful process to get the layout!! The photos are beautiful and the colours gorgeous.

You have set a high standard there!! Can't wait to see other angles of inspiration ... I need to look for one still ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sandra this is just gorgeous, those colours u have used are perfect. FABO!!!
Karen D

Maryanne Ridgway said...

wowsers sandra,this is absolutely fantastic!!adore the colors,the pictures everything about it.

SueP said...

Oh wow Sandra, i love this LO. The colours are just gorgeous!! The buckle and old stamps suits it perfectly....and great photos!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra, oh wow, thankyou for blog surfing my way, Tiff told me my stamp idea was catching on over there, how cool! I love going through the huge stash of stamps I have to find the perfect one for my LO or in some cases spotting the stamp first and thinking, oh yes, I have the perfect photo to go wth that, LOL! I love your LO, the colours look amazing, the old photos are terrific and the stamp is the perfect touch ;)
happy scrapping,
Sx

sandra said...

thanks for the lovely comments girls
Just to quickly clarify.... the photos are of my DH's parents. I am soooo lucky that I have access to so many great photos..