Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sandra's beating the heat and Marika has ric rac-ed in.



First up we have Sandra with some brilliant scrapping.



She says -




I actually scrapped today!Forgot that my scrap room had an airconditioner!!! doh!So I hid away in there for a couple of hours. lol I did this layout today for a challenge blog (www.puzzlepieces.blogspot.com), Nic Aspinalls site (she is coming to the retreat!) oops sorry, I digress!the reason why I am sharing it with you is because I tried something new today.... Paper Piecing! I hear it is slowly coming back into vogue and I saw this little owl template and thought I might give it a go! Cute huh?oh and the layout was inspired by a Jane Jones layout.






Wow Sandra. This is great! Paper peicing certainly comes in and out of vogue and you have done a fabbo job on that owl! Great colours too!





and Marika has sent me a couple of jems to share. First up is her answer to the ric rac challenge. I love love love the white background on this with the vibrant colours. And omg at the 'haircut' surprise for mothers day :-0 The doodling (wow wow WOW) and the ribbon cluster is nothing short of fantastic.




and she has also sent us an absolutely jaw droppingly beautiful sunset at Farm Beach to aww over.






Cant wait to see everyone's button creations!

7 comments:

sandra said...

Love your Layout Marika
LOVE the way you use that blue...it really pops!
Great photo too!

Apologies too... the name of that blog is puzzlesketches.blogspot.com
the heat must be getting to me.(well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it! lol)

Anonymous said...

Sandra-OMG another great layout!! Love the colours and such a cute photo. Love the owl too!!!My scrap space has airconditioning too but cant make myself scrap.. want to but i walk around look at my stuff and I end up on the computer checking out blogs, then back to the lounge and the TV. Whats that saying "if you turn the computer off you might get some scrapping done.." well that so applies to me.You have inspired me with your page so I will try again today to get something done.

Marika- I agree with what Amanda has said, and Love the white background and the bright colours with the B/W photo.I think most of us have had our children cut their own hair, I know I have... Sarah cut a piece from her fringe, took ages to grow back. Beautiful photo,we went to Farm Beach Friday night and it so nice, much cooler than in Cummins.

Maryanne Ridgway said...

both of you are doing some fnatastic layouts.love the paper piecing sandra.well done.

SueP said...

Sandra - Love your LO, who loves Jacob - we do!! :)

Marika- Great page, but OMG,what a memory!!*#@! All kids cut their hair, but why?? I am sure it's to stress out their mothers!! Love the blue alphas.

Great picture, i love Farm Beach!

sandra said...

thanks Sue... I forgot to mention to Amanda that I used your layout (from way back when) as inspiration...Always remembered that layout. thanks for the inspiration.

Meredith said...

Marika ... beautiful photo again and love the layout of your layout!!

Great sunset photo!

Sandra ... cute LO with the owl!

Tiff Firth said...

oh dear.
I forgot to comment on this post.
Sandra. I am not much into owls but I do like how u have done this one. Those eyes are fair boggling at you. Great colour co-ordination.

Marika. I think there is a doodling sub call in SM or SC at the moment. sub girl, sub.