Sunday, January 4, 2009

Flip flops, jandals, thongs ... whatever you call them!!

Janice has sent in a photo ...
She said
" Hello Meredith, Hope you are enjoying the school holidays.
Since I am at home I thought I would do Tiff's next challenge and send in a photo.
Summer to me means spending time at the beach… we all look forward to heading to the beach
and usually make a day of it either swimming, fishing or just mucking around in the sand.
One of our favourite spots is Point Drummond….(so many places to go out there …Greens Bay, Hall Bay, The Caves)".

Great photo!!

This might be hard to believe but I bought my first ever pair of thongs last Summer!! I grew up with a Dad who disliked them and called them 'Japanese riding boots"!!! They are a great shoe though aren't they!!

6 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

great pic Janice. just gotta love the colour.

Anonymous said...

Just brought my first pair of thongs last week wasnt sure Id be comfortable so got a pair of Havanahs for $10 and love em going back to get some other colours hooked now. My masseurs actually broke day after buying thongs to so must have meant to be. Dont really like new style of masseurs which Ive lived in for years. All the best for New Year. xxx

SueP said...

Lovely photo Janice, it's given me some ideas for when i'm down the beach.

And what's this - people not having thongs?? I have like 5 pairs of them!!! I love them!

Anonymous said...

Good grief what is wrong with me!!!! I have 10 pairs, is there a name for it? I live in them summer time though.
Karen D :)

Maryanne Ridgway said...

love the photo janice, have a few holiday snaps of thongs and shoes, and I am stunned about you girls who only have like 1 pair or have only recently purchased a pair.Im with the other girls I have about 7pairs I think, and was checking some more out yesterday.I LOVE them
[and I am talking about foot thongs not the other...eewwww.]

amanda hall said...

*ahem* well i dont actually own any either....just not a thong fan. It sounds weird but i dont like the feeling of the bit between my toes - hate that sensation.

Great summery photo though!