Saturday, November 1, 2008

and my diagnosis is............

a case of contagious Kraft-itis!

I think the source of infection is from a Ms. Meredith........this kraft bizzo is certainly catching!

Easy to see why when it looks so damn good!

First up another from Marika who has obviously found her artist within! She says she loves the new BG range and has tried the ol' bubble wrap and paint trick (i agree this looks brilliant together) I also think that pink against the kraft is so eyecatching! Fantastic work Marika. I am thinking that you are liking this paint challenge!

Next in the inbox was Karen! She says -


Mmmm, challenge, YES!! I stuffed up my first attempt using the corrugated cardboard trick. So my second go was not so adventurous, I just dipped my finger in the paint and ran it around the outside. I do like how it turned out but it wasnt what I had in my head.



LOL paint often works in mysterious ways like that. I really love the space on this and your painted border looks great! The little strips of stripe paper look brilliant in that stitched border too.

Paint and i have a bit of a love/hate relationship.......I love the effect on other people's pages but hate it on my own. I also usually have a bit of problem like Karen does in which it never does what i want it to do. I may have been put off by this little incident a few years ago ......



(one office door + blue paint + baby + big blobs in hair = not happy mumma)

7 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

wow oh wow.
Karen. the PP in the stitching row is just excellent. Your idea or did u see it somewhere?? Love it.

Markia. I think you need some antibiotics for your kraftitis. That bug has got you good.

I just have KRAFT - that other meaning that has a rude word in in.

Amanda.
S**t I laughed. That's when u were doing Sean's card if I remember rightly. How could u get cross at that little innocent -who me??- face.

sandra said...

Marika that looks FANTASTIC!
gonna start scrounging for bubble wrap ASAP! the colours are gorgeous!
Karen... love it... the photo is perfect.
love the white space girls... I just can't seem to get it right but you two nail it each time!
ROFL at Piper... how gorgeous is the girl?? even with blue paint all over her!

Maryanne Ridgway said...

love the bubble wrap effect, had some stashed here for ages, went to find it for this challenge, and thats right I threw it out recently, when I had a clear out!!!
gorgeous page marika, the kraft is so good with the paint!
and karen, LOVE your page, and just might have to scraplift it later on!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Me too Maryanne, I recycle all my "junk" and all the plastic goes to the dump without a second thought, so no bubble wrap for me either!!!! Tiff I saw the idea in a magazine either SM or FK a while ago, I will flick through to find the article and let you know. AND absolutely LMAO Amanda, that is the funniest thing Ive seen in ages. Probably not for you at the time though, hey?!!!
Karen D

Anonymous said...

Back again, Marika love your LO. The space,the colours are gorgeous and that paint effect looks fabulous. Might have to save the next bit of bubble wrap so I can give it a go. I just love those BG papers, cant wait to use them!!
Karen D

SueP said...

Beautiful Beautiful pages!! Love the pink bubble wrap paint Marika. I'm gonna try that one day!!

And love your black stitching Karen! Saw this LO IRL today - and it's just great!!

Meredith said...

Oh my goodness ... gorgeous LO's!

Marika ... love the bubble wrap painting and the new BG paper.Very cute!

Karen ... love that black stitching. Have seen this one IRL and it is beautiful.