Monday, July 7, 2008

welcome Tracey!

Woohoo we have a newbie onboard girls :)
Welcome Trace and so glad you dropped by. Now this chickadee has come in with her creative juices flowing all over the joint - she has entered with TWO yes 2 pages for this challenge (or maybe that should read 4 pages then hmmmmmmmmmmmm)

I love both of these the second double page one because of the colour and the first because of that little dash of red which really makes the other colours pop.

Tracey wrote


This page was a real challenge to me because I wanted to put in lots of photos of our 4 day trip. Red is not my colour in fact, colour scares me silly.

I got the idea from Julie Crettenden who put a small amount of red on a page where I would never have put it and it looked really great.

The journalling isn't anything terrific just a heap of waffle about what we did. The biggest achievement for me on this page was using red and getting 14 photos on it.

Hope this works ok, if not don't worry about including it. I think I have your cold Amanda!! Feeling like crap and have a case of the 'no go's'. Perhaps I should forget housework and go scrap something.


now in my experience forgetting the housework always works well ;)



Then not long afterwards i recieve her second entry so she really must have scrapped!!

She says in this email -

Back again, I did actually get out into my scrap room today and accomplished something. Please find attached my layout called "Plips n' Plaps". This is a very bright layout that makes the eyes water!! This paper I bought over the internet not thinking that it was so bright. Alas we have to use these things regardless, so here it is. I'm not sure whether I like this layout or not but its done now.


i can tell you what Trace - i FREAKEN well love those colours!! Looks bloody fantastic! Keep them coming chook!








7 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

ooohhhhh Tracey. Nice, very nice. You have style chick. Love the red. Punches the colours on the first one so nicely.

What's the meaning behind plips and phlaps. u probably explained it in your journalling but am not able to read it. THe torn strip PP gives it pzazz. Awesome.

am just starting on my D LO as I got some fotos done in Lincoln today.
;)

sandra said...

Hi Tracey

GREAT layouts!
I agree with Amanda.. the colours are fantastic!
ps... like the strategic placement of the star in plips and plaps... very topical at the moment!
cant wait to see more of your work!

Anonymous said...

Howdy Tiff,
The meaning behind 'Plips & Plaps' is that Charlotte could not pronounce Clips and Plaits properly, so we encouraged her heaps to say it like she did. Alas she learnt far too quickly to speak clearly!!.
Cheers, Tracey

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS LO TRACY. CHARLOTTE IS SO CUTE,I CAN IMAGINE HER SAYING THAT PLIPS AND PLAPS.I JUST LOVE THE WHOLE IDEA AND SET OUT. GREAT JOB.
JENNY F

Meredith said...

Love both your layouts Tracey and welcome aboard the blog!! Look forward to seeing more each time we have a challenge.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey,
Both great layouts welcome to the blog spot. Love your scrapbooking style.
Hope your feeling better soon.
Cassandra.

SueP said...

Welcome Tracey!! Your LO are great!! Love the colour combination of the Pichi Richi LO, and the plips & plaps is cute, love those colours too. I like the white verse on the pink!!

Can't wait to see more :)!!