Saturday, July 5, 2008

style.

So what so of scrapping style are you???

Just click on the page an give it a sec and you will have an enlarged one on your screen that you can easily read. ;)


To be honest mine is ever changing and atm is probably leaning towards minimalist and is definitely hybrid. I use Photoshop on every LO in one way or another. I don't think I could ever break away to become digi as love the lumps and bumps too much.

With all this in mind, in the latest Scrapbooking Memories Vol 10, No 3 is a great article on styles. Bear in mind, this is by no means binding. Some personal tastes do not conform to any particular type of scrapping. And digital scrapping is something different again (onya Jenny). To truly test yourself try something that is totally different from your comfort zone.
It took my awhile to not fill every space on the page with an embellishment of some kind. Urban Grunge makes me shudder. I do like the Vintage look and love the Shabby. Just that I really haven't quite got it down pat on a page.

Need more practise I guess.

So for your reference I have scanned and posted the pages.

How about you all leave a comment on what style u think u are and just for fun try to pick another scrapper's style. There is no such thing as a wrong answer. It's all just perception.

So, to leave your view click on the 'comments' below this post and a text box window will appear. Type in what you reckon, and your name or initals and then click anonymous. Couldn't be easier.
I want to see lots of the Karkoo and Port Lincoln ladies names.

:D

Tiff

7 comments:

sandra said...

Hi
hmmmm 'spammers'??
Anyway I think My style (if you could call it that) would have to be graphic/romantic/vintage.
All depending on the mood I am in and the photos I am working with.
Sometimes, when shopping, I could lean towards one style of paper one day, and different one on another day.

Tiff Firth said...

hiya chicks. have managed to delete the spammers comments so far.
see how we go.
bloody time wasters.....

Anonymous said...

is there such thing as "crappy scrappy style" think that coud be me sometimes!not sure what i am? never actually tryd to stick to a style or even scraplifted other styles and lo,s, I usually have an idea in my head to match photos with papers when I see them, but they usually end up nothing like I meant them to! anyway i think I could go back and redo all my first pages if it wasnt so time consuming! do you all look back at your beginning pages and think they are crappy??seen sandras beginning pages and they look great!Anyway I have managed to finish 5 pages this week!WOOHOO, thats a bloody record for me![although I will look back at them in a couple of days time and think they are crappy too]

Tiff Firth said...

Maryanne, I just cringe at my first page, nay, my first album really. But I wouldn't change it for the world. It shows my personal journey of discovery and confidence in myself. Oh and scrapping too. tehe.

SueP said...

Hi there, well what style am i?? Now, i think i might be sort of graphic/ minimalistic with sometimes a bit a shabby. I love the country look within my home, so i do love the shabby chic style of scrapping.But i don't think i am and in particular style - it depends on the photos, the moment, and the mood! What do you think i am??

And Maryanne - yeh, when i look back at my first albums, it's like eeekk, don't wanna show them!! But like Tiff says, it shows the journey - and scrapping has come along way in the past few years, lots of products out there - just so damn addictive and WONDERFUL!!:)

SueP said...

OOOps typo!! Sorry, i meant to say " i don't think i am any particular style....." blablabla

Sorry about that! Now that might make sense to you

Lisa said...

Style is so hard to define I reckon!! I don't think I my scrapping is any particular style - I like clean sharp lines, but like lots of bling too.......all depends on the pic! I do know that Shabby Chic isn't my thing tho......LOL
And my first LO's!! Hehe, really have to resist the urge to redo them!
Oh and Maryanne - love the "crappy scrappy" comment....hehe, think we all feel this way about our work!