Monday, July 7, 2008

double delight.


I managed to slap this one together in near record time for me. Not embellished at all as there is so much to keep the eye busy as it is.

Journalling says (its a long one...)

Seeing as you are such a Wiggles fan I just had to to take you to their concert in Adelaide. Sean, you and I flew to Adelaide on Sunday 3.12.2006. This will be the first plane trip that you will actually remember. Nan and Aunt ‘Chelles picked us up.

The concert was on Monday and Nan was lined up to look after Sean while just you and I went to the concert. I packed so much stuff for just in case you never know what, but I left the camera behind. I just presumed that I wouldn’t be allowed to take any photos while the Wiggles performed. Alas, I was sadly mistaken. There were cameras everywhere. Fancy a scrapper without a camera at an event like this.

I thought the 4pm show would suit you better as you were still having an afternoon naps. We had tickets in the ‘hot potato’ seats which is down near the front row and we were lucky enough to have aisle seats. Just as well, because you bopped and danced your way thru the entire performance. You’re eyes were so lit up and your smile was huge. You practically knew all the words. Funny about that.

The Wiggles were entertaining us for about 2 hours with an interval which is a long time for any kid but you handled it so well. We did manage to go down the front a few times (near the fella sitting in a chair by the stage.)

Father Christmas made a visit and you thought he was just awesome as he walked right by you. You could have touched him. This was the first show without Greg Wiggle (he retired from the Wiggles as he was sick) so we had Sammy Wiggle. He’s the one in yellow. I don’t think you even noticed.

Luckily I found out that another Mum from home was at the same concert and she had taken her camera. So thanks to Jodie I have something to show you about the Wiggles Racing the Rainbow Show.

It was just fantastic and I know you will remember it forever. So will I.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

What a great record of the event Tiff. Lucky for the photos too!

Anonymous said...

Great memory Tiff, bet you enjoyed this as much as Children did.
Happy scrappin.
Can't wait for friday to come.
Cassandra.

SueP said...

Great LO and memory Tiff - now we all know - ALWAYS take our cameras!!

amanda hall said...

i remember you talking about that and i can imagine how spewing you must have been about not taking your camera.

so lucky there was someone you knew there - and cool photo as it captured you and Annie in the front jiggling your bits at the wiggles!!

So much detail on the trip with this one - fabulous.