Monday, May 26, 2008

go scrap yourself

Hiya Scrappers. Well have I got a challange for you.



Let's put faces to names and scrap a page of yourself based on this sketch. Don't forget you can use the sketch in portrait mode, you can mirror it (turn it backwards), upside down, whatever. Use your imagination to suit the photo. ;) It's a bit hard to see but there is a journal card or something like it poking out the right hand side of the photo. The sketch is a bit fuzzy. (I thought it would load up better than this). If it helps email me to send you the sketch directly to you. katmfirth@bigpond.com










Sketch from littlescrapbookshop.com.au




The dimensions are 15cm x 30cm (6'x12') for the base page (good chance to use up some PP or Cardstock leftovers.) Use a photo size of your choice.



Try to use a recent photo of yourself (say in the last couple of years or so). If you dont have one this could be the excuse you need to set the camera on timer and grab some shots of yourself. Don't fret if you don't have the time, use a baby photo and we can try to guess who you are.



How to get my LO onto the blog? You have a couple of choices. Whatever is easier for you.



1. Take a photo of it. Lay the LO on the floor by a window in the morning light. Turn off your flash. Stand over it with your back to the window. Watch out for your feet and shadow. Line up the LO so it is square in the view finder and take your shot. email your jpeg file to ga.hall@bigpond.com for Amanda to load it up.



2. Scan your layout. This challange will be easy to scan at it will fit on an A4 scanner. Save as a jpeg file and email it to ga.hall@bigpond.com . For future LOs that are larger, scan it in 2 halves and stitch it together using a stitch program. If you don't have one send the two jpeg files in an email to Amanda and she can stitch it for you. (Thanks Amanda :) )



3. If you only have a camera phone that is just fine. Take your shot as describe in 1. and email it to Amanda.








Leave a comment if you would like when you have seen each LO when it's loaded up. Just click on the comment box on the bottom of each post. Don't forget to type your name or intitals into your comment before you click Anonymous otherwise we have no idea who you are. Or set up a blog/google account with the link and your sign on name and pic is done for you. :D








I reckon we will make the closing date a little bit extended on this one so you can have the chance of doing some self portraits and get them printed or developed. So let's say



midnight Friday June 6th.



So....... go scrap yourself



;)

will post a pic of the prize pack soon.... just have to get the camera.



The prize pack is donated from Scrapworkz in Port Lincoln. Big thanks Leonie :D

7 comments:

sandra said...

Now that is what I call a challenge! Scrap myself???? I haven't scrapped myself yet... this could be interesting ;)

Anonymous said...

Great idea for a challenge. I look forward to it, these scrapping challenges give me a long awaited break from my study, as well as motivation to continue scrapping. Thank-you guys for the great ideas and suggestions. =D Paige

Anonymous said...

Does that mean I have to do me again? ha ha
karen

SueP said...

Now this will be interesting. I don't think i even got any photos of just myself, maybe one 15years ago!!! Just goes to show who takes all the photos ey?? And it is a reminder, to hand that camera over to someone else, just to add ourselves into those great memories!

It will have me thinking Tiff :)

Anonymous said...

Hi girls, what a great blog. Sandra is trying DESPERATELY to get me in this. Every time i visit her it's all I hear lol. Cheers Trish.S.

Tiff Firth said...

HI Trish. Knowing Sandra, yep she'll have you scrapping before u know it. You'll be sorting and dating all those photos in the drawer and you catch yourself thinking how this photo would look great on that paper with this embellishment and mustn't forget to machine sew it. he he.... trust me the bug is contagious.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm Tiff I know all about Sandra. Think next time i visit her I will wear plain boring shirts too LOL. Cheers Girls Trish.S.